Sunday 8 September 2013

Introduction to Media Studies

I chose Media Studies as it has always been a subject I have enjoyed and felt passionate about during my GCSE's. I am interested in the practical side to media, including film making and print design. To continue, I also love to write so I feel Media is the right subject for me as I will enjoy the written side as well as the practical. I am also very creative so I feel it combines the two together quite well.

Throughout my AS course I hope to become knowledgeable and skillful not only when  it comes to being able to produce a piece of work, but also more aware of the actual media. By this I mean the way the media portrays certain things to the public, which is why stereotypes possibly exist.

Furthermore Media Studies compliments my other AS, Applied Business, therefore I feel both choices go well together and can be used in the future. I hope to develop a career in Business and feel that Media would incorporate with what I do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment